Marketing Technology Stories you might have missed
Hey everybody. My side project site lives(!) (kidtun.es), but it doesn’t do much yet. Hoping to model the iTunes interaction over the next few weeks and code that out. You can create an account, but there’s not much else to do after that – for now. Once I get it to Alpha I’ll put a new skin on it.
MT5 Edition: #53
Stories This Week: Feedburner is dying, go to school with Google, create your own whiteboard animations, iPhone 5 review, K.I.S.S
1. Feedburner is dying. Here are your alternatives…
[knolzone] The Feedburner forum is dead. The Feedburner Twitter account is dead. The Feedburner blog is dead. What little support documentation Feedburner had isn’t being updated. Some bloggers claim that their RSS feeds are not updating at all anymore.
My Take: If you’re using Feedburner for RSS and/or email feeds – WAKE UP! Consider your alternatives and decide if you want to jump to another platform or wait it out.
2. Google Launches Free Tool To Let You Run Your Own Online Courses
My Take: This seems like a unique content generating tool for Marketers. What do you think?
3. Whiteboard Animation Sales Videos That Grab Attention
[FillTheFunnel] Sales videos that grab the attention of the recipient are valued treasures when you come across one. Creating one of these masterpieces is always a challenge and innovation and experimentation is going on all the time to find the next big thing.
My Take: Another unique content creation utility!
4. iPhone5: How Does It Stack Up?
[FastCompany] FC breaks down the screen, camera, WiFi-4G and chassis.
My Take: Is the iPhone5 revolutionary or evolutionary? Okay, it’s evolutionary. But if it seems like it’s the best at doing everything, except maybe Maps which Android still has a lead on.
5. The Rise of Simplicity
If you’ve missed the trend, many apps and web services are focusing on doing one thing well.
Here are some examples:
- Lift – Track your goals against reading more, drinking water, taking vitamins, or many other items
- Timehop – sends you an email telling you what you did one year ago
- Sunrise – sends you an email each day reminding what you have going on for that day
[important] Are you picking up what I’m laying down? Sign up to receive updates automatically: